A Respect for Tradition with a History of Innovation
Our heritage began with the founding of Mason-McDuffie Real Estate in 1887. Generations of San Francisco Bay Area residents have relied on the service, integrity and proven ability of our real estate specialists.
Joseph Mason founded the company, opening a one-man real estate and insurance business with offices in Berkeley and San Francisco. After Duncan McDuffie joined Mr. Mason in 1905, the company pioneered the "planned unit development" concept, creating the beautiful Claremont, Northbrae and St. Francis Wood residence parks. Utilizing the talents of such distinguished local architects as John Galen Howard, Henry Gutterson, and the firm of Omstead Brothers, Mason-McDuffie garnered awards and national attention for their innovative use of green belts, contoured roads and underground utilities.
In 1997, Mason-McDuffie joined the Prudential Real Estate Network, and in 2010, transitioned back to its roots as Mason-McDuffie, aligned with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate. The company is 19th largest real estate services firm in the nation, and fourth overall throughout the entire Bay Area.
- Offices in 30 locations
- Over 1,200 Sales Associates
- $2.8 billion in sales volume in 2012
- More than 6,500 transactions in 2012
- Named 17th Largest Real Estate Company in the U.S. (REALTrends) in 2012
Our Clients Realize Many Benefits
- Maximum Internet exposure for listings that attract interested buyers
- Distribution of Open Homes to major websites, including Trulia, Frontdoor, bhghome.com, Realtor.com
- Online file access that provides real-time transaction status
- Electronic signatures on all contracts, maximizing efficiency
- Timely market data
- Neighborhood report emails that keep you up to date on sale activity
Family of Services
Working with affiliated partners, we provide the most efficient real estate transactions in the industry. Our network-wide partners include:
The Home Loan Group
Fidelity National Title
Market Areas Served
Better Homes and Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estate serves the following Northern California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Solano, Napa, Lake, Sonoma, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Nevada, El Dorado, and Placer.
Nationwide Referral Network
Better Homes and Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estateoffers nationwide buyer referrals through extensive corporate contacts, our relationships
with top U.S. real estate companies, and the most active network of real estate professionals in the Western United States.
- Home Finding Assistance
- Home Marketing Assistance
- Inventory Management
- Temporary Housing
- Financing Assistance
- Community Information
A Leader in Real Estate Technology
Better Homes and Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estate is widely recognized as one of the most innovative real
estate companies in the nation. We introduced the industry's first fully integrated, web-based technology platform,
enabling our sales associates to provide consumers with real-time information from anywhere in the world. Our resource-rich
environment ensures our sales associates are more productive and delivers greater service to our clients.
Our joint venture partners include:
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Bahay Co.
- Better Homes and Gardens Tri-Valley Realty
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Highland Partners
- Wine Country Group by Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Better Homes and Gardens Mason-McDuffie Real Estate
7901 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Phone: (925) 924-4600
Fax: (925) 924-1852