Accessibility Services, Inc.
- Provides accessibility consulting to help ensure that homes are completely accessible.
- Consultants who provide help with design and implementation of accessibility renovationsCity of Oakland - Housing Rehabilitation
- Provides grants for accessibility modifications to owner-occupied properties. Call (510) 238-3909 to request an applicationComplete Construction
- For more than 35 years Mark Feinman has been the "go to guy" in the Bay Area for all types of accessibility renovations...including wheelchair lifts, ramps, and elevators.
- Noted Berkeley based architect. Designs creative multifamily affordable housing and provides new levels of disabled access (universal design).
- This Bay Area firm specializes in all kinds of lift and ramp systems, including Stair Lifts, Aluminum Ramps, Scooter Lifts, PowerChair Lifts, Platform Lifts, Turning Automotive Seats, and Patient Transfer Lifts Sightworks
- Sightworks provides architectural design services, with special expertise in the area of accessibilityAdvocacyAlameda County Developmental Disabilities Planning and Advisory Council
- Works for people with developmental disabilities to attain the fullest development of their mental, physical and spiritual potentials, and community living in the least restrictive environmentClosed Head Injury
- Resources and Information for brain and spinal cord injury survivors.
City of Oakland Mayors Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Represents people with disabiltiies living and working in the City of OaklandHousing Choices Coalition
- Mission is to enhance the quality of lives for people with developmental disabilities by creating quality-housing options. Serves Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterrey CountiesHousing Consortium of the East Bay
- Creates affordable, accessible housing for persons with developmental disabilitiesNational Sclerosis Society - Northern California Chapter
- Provides education, equipment, emotional support, exercise classes, family programs, and financial assistance to people with MS and their loved onesNational Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Dedicated to improving the quality of life for people living with the results of spinal cord injury and disease (SCI/D) and their families. Publishes SCI Life newspaper.World Institute on Disability
- International advocacy and public research organization for people with disabilities, based in Berkeley, CA.Disability BenefitsBenefits Education Center
- Provides Disability Benefits Training and Private Benefits Coaching to the Community of Providers and Individuals living with disabilitiesDisability Benefits 101
- Superb site explaining the ins and outs of federal, state, and other benefits available for person with disabilitiesDisabilityOnline.com
- Provides information on federal government and private disability insurance programs.
Herb Thomas and Associates
- Provides information and consulting on conservatorships; trust administration; medi-cal advocacy; Long-term Care Planning; and Financial PlanningDisability DirectoriesDisability Reports
- National online resource for disability related matters, including product reviews and a directory of professional service providers
East Bay Innovations
- Provides employment and supported living services to people with developmental disabilities throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- Based in Santa Clara county, assists individuals with disabilities to gain and sustain employment, in partnerships with business and the community
- Provides employment, training, and support services to help individuals with disabilities live independently.United Cerebral Palsy of the Golden Gate
- Advances full integration of people with cerebral palsy and similar disabilities. Supports people to be independent and empowered by providing and facilitating services.Financing & Financial Planning
Financial Planners with expertise in working with people with disabilities:
- Online article about getting a loan and home ownership for people with disabilitiesHome Ownership CounsellingLao Family Community Development, Inc.
- Provides free multilingual and culturally sensitive housing counseling and support. In Oakland, call 510-533-8850 for further information
Disability Rights California
- Protects and advocates for the rights of Californians with disabiltiiesDisability Rights Education and Defense Fund (DREDF)
- A leading national law and policy center in disability civil rightsMobility AidsHandi-Ramp
- Offers a huge selection of ramps all over the countryOther Products/ServicesCanine Companions
- Enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly-trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships. Home Access Network
- An online network linking home buyers and home owners with resources to help them find and create accessible living spaces
- Pet Training ServicesWheelchair Foundation
- Leads an international effort to deliver a wheelchair to every child, teen and adult in the world who needs one, but cannot afford one Referral ServicesBananas
- Bananas offers multilingual child care information and referral services for Northern Alameda County, including services to parents of children with disabilitiesEden I&R
- Eden I&R is well known as THE source of information on, and referral to, low-cost housing, emergency shelter, and over 1,270 social service agencies for Alameda County ResidentsFamily Resource Network
- Provides referral services for families of children with disabilities in the Alameda CountyProyecto Vision
- Provides free bilingual information to connect Latinos with disabilities to jobs and services. Call 866-EMPLEO-1Social Activities & EntertainmentAccess Northern California
- Promotes greater access to travel and recreational opportunities in Northern California for people with physical disabilitiesAxis Dance Studio
- Dance studio for people with disabilitiesBay Area Association of Disabled Sailors
- BAADS goal is to make all aspects of sailing in the San Francisco Bay Area accessible.
Ed Roberts Campus
- This state of the art, universally designed facility is located in Berkeley CA and is the home to many of the Bay Area's major disability organizations. Plays host to a wide variety conferences, fairs, and social gatherings for the community throughout the year.Mobility Golf
- The mission of Mobility Golf is to increase opportunities for those who can't walk, to play golfPiedmont Yoga Community
- Offers classes designed for people with disabilitiesTrips Inc.
- All inclusive vacation packages for travellers with developmental disabilitiesWheeling California's Coast
- This site provides great info about all the accessible trails along the California Coast.
Links to third party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. We do not control and are not responsible for any of these sites or their content. We do not endorse or make any representations about such sites, or any information or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. We do not endorse, do not make any representations regarding, and are not responsible for, any products, actions or policies (including, but not limited to, any privacy policies or customer relations policies) of any third parties. If you access any third party sites linked to this Site, you do so at your own risk.